Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Ti frame ordered

After a year of research I finally broke down and ordered a custom Ti frame. I was torn between a Spectrum and a Strong and after seeing Carl's 20% off sale last month the decision was made. Carl has been great to work with so far and has fielded numerous answers to my questions. I sent my measurements to him last week and Carl should begin the design within the next month. I'm going with a traditional frame, no compact, and Carl recommended either the Alpha Q or Columbus muscle for the fork. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the benefits of each fork would be? Currently I'm planning on building the bike up with either 2004 Chorus or Record with Mavic Open Pro silver wheels, Thompson masterpiece silver seat post, and probably an ITM The Stem to round it off. The bike is going to be powder coated in Team Red with 3/4 paint and 1/4 Ti with white decals. I'm getting excited about getting the bike and building it up and riding it for the first time. I've been riding Cannondales for the past 11 years and I'm curious to see how Carl's geometry will differ from my Cannondales stock geometry. The only specific request that I have put on the new bike is to have my bars raised up quite a bit closer to my saddle height.

No comments: