Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Strong ride report

I was finally able to get in a few miles on my new bike after having to sit and look at it for 4 days due to snow. The ride of the is in a nutshell superb. Carl was able to dial in everything that I asked for and then some surprising new things also. The bike corners like its on rails and is super stable. I can feel the road quite well through the frame so the ride isn't muted and dead. The saddle to bar drop and reach is spot on. With the bars raised up I am able to ride comfortably on both the hoods and the drops. I asked Carl to give me a bike that will be as comfortable at 100 miles as it was at 25 and he has met that request easily. For surprises it seems that the faster I go the smoother and better the ride gets. Also, with the geometry that Carl designed it feels that I have don't have to work nearly as hard to go faster on this bike as compared to my Cannondale. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be the truth?Overall Carl has designed an awesome frame that I am looking forward to riding for many years. Carl was great to work with and is definitely talented when it comes to talking to a person about what they want and expect and then building it for the

No comments: